Saturday, February 11, 2006

Walton and Durham Talk Manu

These exchanges between Jim Durham and Bill Walton were overheard during last night's Spurs-Nets game on ESPN:
DURHAM: So, if you shoot it better than anybody else, and you defend it better than anybody else, what's left?

WALTON: The championship.

DURHAM: [Laughter] There you go.

WALTON: Which they already are. And they're a better team this year. The addition of Finley, the addition of Van Exel, the maturation of Nazr Mohammed, the explosion of Tony Parker ... the only thing that hasn't been great this year has been this guy, Manu Ginobili.

* * *

WALTON: I liked it when Manu had his hair a little bit longer.

DURHAM: Really? How 'bout when Duncan had his hair a little bit longer?

WALTON: Oh, I loved that. I like the 'fros. I remember I used to have a 'fro. Big red curls ... orange when I was a youngster.

* * *

WALTON: With Manu Ginobili -- who is without question one of my favorite players in the league -- this is a guy who sees things that few others do. And sometimes he sees things that aren't there.

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home